Sports & Fitness Programs
Sports and fitness programs at the Boys & Girls Clubs build sportsmanship, encourage teamwork and promote constructive use of leisure time through athletic leagues, individual sports and social competence.
Among the programs offered at the clubs are:
- Basketball - Activities include Inter-club leagues for all ages that helps teach the basic skill and a sense of teamwork to all club members.
- Flag Football- Activities include inter-club leagues for all ages which helps teach the basic football skills needed to perform as a team
- Tennis- Members learn the basic skills of tennis. Taught by local pros and coaches with an emphasis on the basics.
- Golf -Available to members of all ages with instruction supplied by PGA certified professionals at the First Tee of the Palm Beaches members learn about the nine core values of the First Tee as well as the fundamentals of the golf swing, including chipping, putting & the full swing.
- Soccer – Available to all members using the US Soccer for Success curriculum to deliver soccer skills, teamwork and education topics in progression, utilizing the Guide to Discovery Method.
- Baseball – Pitch, Hit & Run event for boys and girls ages 7-14. PHR is the official skills competition of Major League Baseball. Participants compete in either the Baseball Division or Softball Division and have the opportunity to advance through four levels of competition including Locals, Sectionals, Team Championships and the National Finals during MLB All-Star Week.
- ALL STARS – Buffalo Wild Wings Team Up for Kids with aims to increase opportunities for physical activity, social interaction and recognition through high-quality structured sports.
- Triple Play – Triple Play is a comprehensive health and wellness program which strives to improve the overall health of Club members by increasing daily physical activity, teaching them about good nutrition and helping them develop healthy relationships. A Game Plan for the Mind, Body and Soul
- Healthy Habits (Mind): Nutrition education and activities focus on helping youth assess, practice, identify, consider, and recognize health behaviors and messages.
- Daily Challenges (Body): Focus on physical literacy: Ability - Increasing capability in basic movement skills and overall fitness; Confidence - knowledge of the ability to play sports or enjoy other physical activities; and Motivation- the intrinsic enthusiasm for physical activity for members to be physically active for life.
- Social Recreation (Soul): Emphasis on social and emotional development, or the social, cognitive, and behavioral skills that youth need to be healthy and productive. Focus on emotional regulation, healthy relationships and responsible decision-making.
To become a partner with the Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County and support our sports and fitness programs, please contact us at 561-683-3287 or email@example.com.
Partnerships have included: